Letters from the Center
Saturday, July 02, 2005
  Please recommend a moderate supreme court choice to your readers

(Sent to a list of perhaps a hundred journalists around the world.)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Please recommend a moderate supreme court choice to your readers
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:35:14 -0700
From: David Barrett <dbarrett@quinthar.com>

Hello, I'm writing to ask you to endorse a moderate supreme court
candidate to replace Justice O'Connor. Personally, I believe it's
reprehensible for anyone to recommend a politically biased judge
(whether liberal or conservative) as doing so effectively negates the
value of the judiciary. I'm not so naive as to believe this isn't or
hasn't always been the case, but I am sufficiently idealistic to believe
that we should at least strive for improvement.

Anyway, I merely ask that rather than you recommend a judge based on how
that judge would likely favor your views, consider whether that is the
right metric, and ask your fans to consider this as well. Thanks!

-david

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I'm what you might call a "radical centrist" and these are my letters to bloggers, journalists, and politicians -- left, right, and center -- where I implore them to pull away from the edges and back to the mainstream. Come read if you like, but I'll keep writing either way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
David Barrett
ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / August 2006 / May 2007 /


Atom Feed