Letters from the Center
Friday, July 08, 2005
  Power Line - How Democrats and Frenchmen Think

<http://powerlineblog.com/archives/010975.php>

You gave a quote listing the effct of the Supreme Court as:
- "long-term impact on the lift of society in general"
- "*At the very heart of American political life, the Court is the final
arbiter of all the great issues of U.S. society*" [emphasis yours]

About these statements you said:

"That wasn't, of course, the role envisioned for the Court by the
Founders, but it certainly is the one favored by contemporary liberals"

Perhaps I'm one of the "contemporary liberals" that you cite, but I
always assumed these statements were essentially true. Could you please
clarify what you believe the role of the Supreme Court to be, in as
succinct a fashion?

-david

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I'm what you might call a "radical centrist" and these are my letters to bloggers, journalists, and politicians -- left, right, and center -- where I implore them to pull away from the edges and back to the mainstream. Come read if you like, but I'll keep writing either way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
David Barrett
ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / August 2006 / May 2007 /


Atom Feed