Letters from the Center
Sunday, July 10, 2005
  Power Line - More "heads I win, tails let's call it even" thinking from a partisan Democrat

<http://powerlineblog.com/archives/010982.php>

This was an excellent post. I really appreciated how you positioned the
debate as a choice between two competing methods of appointing judges:

"There are two plausible ways our democratic society can go about
selecting Supreme Court Justices. Under one approach, the party in power
is able to place Justices on the Court who are in tune with its general
philosophy about judging. ... The other model is to make the selection
of Justices a truly collaborative effort between the two parties, in
some fashion."

I really like how you state your view while acknowledging the
alternative in a fair way. We need more of this type of writing. Thank
you.

-david

 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I'm what you might call a "radical centrist" and these are my letters to bloggers, journalists, and politicians -- left, right, and center -- where I implore them to pull away from the edges and back to the mainstream. Come read if you like, but I'll keep writing either way.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States
David Barrett
ARCHIVES
May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / March 2006 / April 2006 / August 2006 / May 2007 /


Atom Feed